- So how does one keep up the fight? You take it one day at a time. You get up every morning hoping that today is better. You don’t stay in bed and think hopeless thoughts. You live for today, you do what you can and you don’t allow yourself to worry about things getting worse. Be thankful for all the things you have rather than what you don’t have. Strive for the strength and courage to accept chronic illness with self-respect and humility. Take care of yourself and those who love you and support you. Enjoy the beauty of today and don’t spend your days worrying about tomorrow. This is all you can do and this is all any of us can do. From Do I Ever Feel Sorry for Myself? READ MORE. https://livinglifewithraandfms.wordpress.com/2012/01/27/do-i-ever-feel-sorry-for-myself/
- My articles at Upwell.
- Successful Single Parenting With Chronic Illness
- 7 Signs It Was Time to Find a New Doctor
- 5 Tips for Being Productive with Chronic Pain
- 4 Healthy Ways to Manage Chronic Illness Anger
- Oh, the Anxiety!
- Here’s My Diagnosis Story. What’s Yours?
- 3 Tips for Redefining Normal with Chronic Illness
- When You’re Tired of Trying to ‘Remain Grateful’ During a Life of Chronic Illness
- When It Feels Like You Have Done It All
Hope"Hope is the belief in your ability to recover from whatever has knocked you down on any given day. Resilience is the ability to recover from the punch and the land on your feet, or on your own butt, or whatever supports you at that time. To cultivate your physical resilience, you must have mental resilience that comes from a place called hope.” From Women, Work, and Autoimmune Disease: Keep Working, Girlfriend! By Rosalind Joffe and Joan Friedlander
The Law of the Garbage TruckThe Law of the Garbage Truck Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they look for a place to dump it. And if you let them, they’ll dump it on you. So when someone wants to dump on you, don’t take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Believe me. You’ll be happier. David J. Pollay
DisclaimerDisclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. Nothing in this blog should be taken as medical or expert. I am not a medical professional. Any information presented on this blog or related endorsement is for educational, informational, and entertainment purposes only. You should never consider any of the information presented here as a substitute for consulting with your physician or healthcare provider for any medical condition or concern. Any information presented here is merely general information. It is not medical advice, nor is it intended as advice for your personal situation. Please consult with your physician or health care provider if you have concerns about your health or suspect that you might have a problem.
- 154,967 hits
Category Archives: Chronic illnesses
Nope. I am not. I have no superpowers. No super speed or strength and I sure I can’t fly. I am not superhuman. I am not Superwoman but yet, I am determined to be her. I sometimes forget that I am … Continue reading
As many of you may have noticed, I have not blogged here in a while and I haven’t done it that often in 2014. I can honestly say that 2014 has kept me busy. I have focused on my freelance … Continue reading
Up until recently, my RA and fibromyalgia had been well controlled. I had been able to manage and live my life despite minor flare-ups. However, the past few months have been difficult. Years of taking anti-inflammatory medications has resulted in … Continue reading
This past week has shown me how I need to learn to prioritize my health. I have been sick with the flu and I was sicker than I have been in a long time. I have overestimated myself. I have … Continue reading
Living with chronic illness and pain is something that isn’t easily understood by people who are not going through the same thing. Moreover, the effects of illness are an emotional and personal daily battle. Most people have this notion that … Continue reading
I have been dealing with a tension headache for a couple days now. These tension headaches have a tendency to make me feel that everyone wants a piece of my time and I don’t have that to offer. I … Continue reading