Posted in nonsense

What if I were raising girls?


On a daily basis, my living room looks like a tornado flew through it. My hallway leading to the bedrooms is quite often turned into a wrestling arena.


I am not sure when I was realized that I was destined to watch wrestling, baseball and football for the rest of my life. Perhaps if I was raising girls, I’d be watching princess movies or playing dollhouse, instead of refereeing. Perhaps, my home would be less messy, my voice less hoarse, and I would I not end up in the middle of a wrestling match between my son and his best friend – the same wrestling match that started in my nine year old’s bedroom and ended up on my living room couch where I was sitting watching my DVR’ed episode of Day of Our Lives.


Do mother of girls scream “why do you stink all the time?” Or “Stop wrestling with you best friend in the living room!” Or even “For god’s sake, get your hands out of your pants!” Boys wrestle, poke and punch each other. They can get really loud and quite obnoxious. Quite often, they drive you to the point of insanity with their constant uncontrollable reflexes. To say the least, it is a complicated hair-raising adventure.


In the last nine years, my home has turned into a frat (fart) house where all the boys in the neighborhood and my nephews meet to drive my neighbors crazy. Also, why do they always manage to throw the ball in a neighbor’s yard? Again, how is it I end up in the middle of a wrestling match that I did not realize I was apart of?


95% of the time, I am worn out and it shows. The other 5% of the time I am shouting and dealing with the mounds of dirty laundry that need extra strength Clorox to get clean. What about the constant look of frustration I have on my face every time I ask “What were you thinking” or “why did you do that?” And if I ask why husband what they were thinking, he tells me I am better off not knowing.


Further, why does my younger sister (by only one year younger) who is mother to four girls (NO BOYS!) always look like she just stepped out of a beauty salon, and I look like I haven’t slept in days. The infrequent trips to the ER that my sister takes would probably better explain that or could it be that she does not have to deal with farting over a 100 times a day nor does she have to ask “what is so funny about farting?”


I guess I will never have a moment of peace, but I wouldn’t trade it for silence either.

“Every genuine boy is a rebel and an anarch. If he were allowed to develop according to his own instincts, his own inclinations, society would undergo such a radical transformation as to make the adult revolutionary cower and cringe.” John Andrew Holmes

*****
On December 7, I will be giving away a $250 gift card for Little Tikes.  Also, the winner will have the oppurtunity to give a $500 gift card to the charity of their choice.  For more info, check out my previous post where I blogged about this.  Come by on December 7th for your oppurtunity to win.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “What if I were raising girls?

  1. I laughed my way through this post. Raising all boys, I hear ya! When DQ entered my life…I didn't know what to do. LOL

  2. But as a mom to boys, do you yell:*What? That's a dress? It's so short I thought it was a shirt!*No, you cannot wear black nail polish to school!And, girl, I do not look I've walked out of salon every day. However, I am critiqued about how my outfit does not match or about how my jewelry is lacking. Yea, that's what it's like to have a girl!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s